provides all the benefits of modern glazing technology whilst retaining the slender styling so characteristic of steel. HW40 steel windows are pressure equalized and double weather-stripped for insulation and performance for specification where superior air, wind or water resistance and greater sound attenuation are required.
Offering the same high-quality appearance as HERRERO’s highly specified HW20 range, the HW40 variant can accept glass up to twice the thickness as its stable mate. Either double or triple glazing up to 1 ¼” (32mm) thick can be installed with a consequent higher level of thermal or sound insulation. This is achieved while retaining the same slender steel profile for which HERRERO products are renowned ensuring maximum light ingress.
Each HW40 window is hot-dip galvanized for durability, and in-house PPG® polyester powder coated for exceptional performance and minimal maintenance during service life. The windows can be installed with solar control, laminated security or sound control glazing as required. HW40’s ‘stepped profile is particularly redolent of traditional fenestration dating back to the early 20th century, fitting well into heritage refurbishments but also offers a clean-cur aesthetic equally at home with contemporary designs.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Easy to replace – HW40 windows remain the same style to the original Steel windows from the last century.
- Long lasting – all windows and doors are hot dipped galvanized against corrosion.
- Low maintenance – Polyester powder coating means that painting steel windows is a thing of the past – you can choose to have a virtually maintenance free window.
- Security – Security is a characteristic of steel windows and doors due to the strength of steel. As a result, steel windows have very slender frames, allowing a light and airy feel to any room. In addition, optional multi-point locking systems are available to further enhance security.
- Energy Efficiency – All HW40 windows include double weather-stripping, and with larger double-glazing units coupled with minimal profile sizes are able to achieve excellent Window Energy Rating standards